Panopticon Lavoisier offers a survey of the collections of the French chemist Antoine Laurent Lavoisier (1743-1794), which are scattered throughout the world. The website contains:
- A detailed chronology of Lavoisier's life and works
- The catalogue of Lavoisier's manuscripts (ca. 6000 items)
- Scientific instruments (ca. 500 items) and minerals (ca. 2000 specimens)
- The digital edition of the 19th-century edition of Lavoisier’s collected works
- The bibliographies by and on Lavoisier (up to 2009)
- A survey of Lavoisier’s iconography
The material can be accessed in two different ways: by browsing the separate collections, or by an advanced search in the entire website. Zoom options are available. Images can be downloaded in jpeg format.
The project was supported by Museo Galileo and the Centre de recherche en histoire des sciences et des techniques de la Cité des Sciences et de l'Industrie (Paris).